Saturday, April 12, 2008

I laughed, I cried...no wait, laughed some more.

It was better than cats. Evidently I went and started working at high-school without even know it. I'll post the details of the letter later, suffice it to say for now that I won a two week vacation from my work for being insubordinate to the time-clock computer. Apparently, the comments sections is not to be used for disgruntled utterances. The real beauty of the situation is that they sent me home on Friday, the busiest day of the week, when we were already short medics! I was told that I still had my job at the end of the 'suspension' if I wanted it, but I had better have a different attitude. I'm thinking apathy is a new attitude. I need a new job.

Update on Tax Day:
So here are some of the comments that earned some time off:
"Another day, another reason to hate the world"
"A great day, Yipee!" (I actually meant that one...)
"I don't get paid enough to care what I write here"
"I'm too tired to be disgruntled"
"If we run more calls than the counties and charge more for service, why do we pay so damned poorly?"
And my favorite:
"I'm the weasel in the pants of management"

Interestingly, comments that I'd expect to cause a stir didn't make the list:
"Another day, another $0.93 (adjusted for inflation)"
"Great, I got a 3% raise in a time of 4% inflation"
"meh"

It's interesting that I got a worse "punishment" for expressing my feelings to a purely internal system that's really only seen by the scheduling manager than I would have for cursing at facility personnel, letting my certs lapse, or giving the wrong medication to a patient...

3 Comments:

Blogger Sean said...

Dude, that totally sucks and I sympathize - I keep waiting for someone to tell me I need to be using the new cover for my TPS reports. We all need new jobs methinks. V and I had been discussing how to animate some ideas of hers and I think we should accelerate efforts.

Solidarity! Hilarity!

10:11 PM  
Blogger Vered said...

sean is right, you are right, and the question is, "How hard do we feel like fighting?" Because it takes a lot of fighting the world, the bastards, and each other to escape high school....

11:00 PM  
Blogger Sean said...

I've taken my can of Whoop-Ass (TM) out from storage lately. The bastards have been warned.

11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home